Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Catching up...on blogging and civic responsibility

So this past weekend I was on mad dash to gather information about the candidates in the primary election that was held yesterday. Which is why there's hasn't been much blogging lately. I'm going to try to do better. On both counts.

I was really impressed by one of the candidates for the charter commission: Jenice Mitchell Ford. I really appreciated her answers to the questions posed to candidates by MiVote. I think her video (unlike those of most of the other candidates) was outstanding: she very clearly explained the charter, the charter commission, and specific issues that need to be addressed in the revision. She also did a great job of sharing her qualification and making points about the issues that demonstrated that she had thought about them on more a cursory level.







I could have done without the slogan, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment