Monday, August 24, 2009

Random Beauty

A couple of weeks ago I decided that I should carry around my camera at all times. I think it was a good decision. Unfortunately I haven't managed to put it into action yet. Last Friday, at Northland Mall, I happened across some random beauty and was left with nothing but a cellphone camera to capture it.



The first was a rainbow. A beautiful, full arc of a rainbow that stretched across the whole sky. I was so captivated by it that I tripped on a curb cut. And I wasn't the only one impressed. There were at least three other folks who had whipped out cell phones and were trying to squeeze that immensity into a 2" screen. Of course, me being me, there is a bus in the picture. The second picture is absolutely terrible, but it at least gives an impression of its size (though not how vivid it was).



As I was putting my phone away, I happened to look down at some weeds poking through the asphalt around the bus shelter. One of them was a tomato plant.




No comments:

Post a Comment