Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Go ahead, raise my taxes

Dear Congress,

You may raise my taxes. I figure I could still manage to pay bills and eat if you took another couple percent of my pay in taxes. No, I don't make over $250,000, but I want universal health insurance. I mean I want it in that way that makes me willing to give something up to get it. I have this crazy notion notion that it makes sense to sacrifice something I have for something I really, really want.

So, what do I want?
  • every person in this country to have access to quality health care
Oh, this was going to be a bulleted list, but that about sums it up. I want everyone to have the care they need. I don't want preexisting conditions, or unemployment, or a measly employer provided benefits package, or factors like age and gender to keep anyone from having access to health care.

And if the Muttface has to live on store brand dog food and I have to take my lunch to work every day (instead of just most days)...well, we'll adjust.

Sincerely,

A concerned citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment