Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bus Update

I spoke with the supervisor this morning. She confirmed that there was no policy prohibiting passengers from using headphones. Additionally she was really interested to learn that the driver had been on his cell phone. It turns out that DDOT has a policy that drivers should not use headphones or cell phones. I was able to give her all the necessary information (bus number, route number, direction traveling, and time) so she will be following up with this. I was transferred to an agent who collected my personal information and apologized on behalf of DDOT and thanked me for calling because if no one calls, they will not know. I also have a complaint number to use to follow up on this issue.

That is good customer service.


Speaking of buses: there is an organization called Transportation Riders United (TRU). I don't have any experience with them, but their focus is public transportation in the metropolitan area. They are organizing action kickoff meetings throughout the region (see below). I won't be able to attend the meeting next Tuesday, but I do plan to look into who they are and what they are doing and seeing if that might be something I should get involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment