Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Midsummer Nights in Midtown

Detroit is a pretty good place. We've got our issues and our struggles, but it is a good place. I suppose home should always be.

Anyway before I get all carried away with the hometown love, I wanted to post a link to the schedule for Midsummer Nights in Midtown, a series of free cultural events in Midtown Detroit (the area around Wayne State/the Cultural Center...no idea when it became "Midtown"). It seems to be a replacement to the Detroit Festival of the Arts which is no longer being held. While I always pause when people leave "Detroit" out of any title, there look to be a lot of great options on the schedule. It starts this week and continues every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in June. June 4th, Theo Huxtable performs urban jazz/funk! Okay, so it's Malcolm-Jamal Warner, but I plan to go see the man because he used to play Theo. Hopefully he really can play the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment